We attended a class last night given by our social worker Mary and another Bethany coworker. Finally started meeting some other adoptive parents. One of whom I went to high school with. He and his wife are adding to their family by adopting from Haiti. It was great to share our process with one another.
We also met friends of a friend, a couple who have adopted from Korea, their boy is now 18 mo. old and are beginning a second adoption through Korea as well. They were both so helpful and full of good energy. Great fun to talk to. And of course Mary, our wonderful social worker is so instrumental in making it all happen and pulling us together.
Mike and I were buzzing as we left last night. So happy to make some good connections and feel like it's all really happening. It was a good night. :)
I also realized that our 12mo or so wait is now 11 mo or so. It's already been just over a month that we've been on the wait list. See, time really will fly by! The 'or so' is up to 18mo, but we don't need to go there. I am setting very good intentions for the year or just under mark! We've also talked about what a full and exciting year we have planned with lots of continued work on the house and some great trips planned...baby time will be here before we know it. And as excited as I am for our little one to arrive, I'm really going to enjoy the next 11mo or so.
J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment